The goal of the Washakie County Tourism Board Grant process is to assist Washakie County non-profit organizations with events and projects designed to generate overnight stays in Washakie County lodging facilities. The Worland/Ten Sleep Visitor Council (WTSVC) is the marketing arm of the WCTB, a joint powers board, whose mission is to enhance the economic base of Washakie County through tourism. Its primary objective is to encourage more and longer visitor stays through marketing programs aimed at the convention/meeting, individual, motor coach and special events markets.
The WTSVC/WCTB is funded by a 4% lodging tax collected from guests staying in hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, resorts, and campgrounds within Washakie County.
Eligibility: Grants are available to Washakie County non-profit organizations.
- All Grant decisions of this Council are based on:
- Number of participants from outside of Washakie County
- Number of room nights generated
- Estimated economic impact on the area as a whole
- Opportunity to maintain and grow the event in Washakie County on an annual basis
- Sufficient number of hotel rooms or campsites available on the event date(s)
- Financial need of the applicant
Download a complete set of guidelines here.
Download the grant application here.
All grant recipients must complete a post grant progress and evaluation report. Download it here.